2009年11月22日日曜日

TIME

1.Please explain a time proverb in your culture.

It says from parson to parson.
I don't have any idea about time proverb.
So, I don't know so many proverbs.
2.What do the following proverbs mean:

a. Time is money.

It means time is precious as well as money.
So, you have not spend time useless!!
b. A stitch in time saves nine.

It means that if you stitch early ,
you must not 9 stitches.
c. There's no time like the present.

Nice timing!!
d. Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5,
leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.

I do not know this mean...


7 件のコメント:

  1. I don't understant the mean of 2-d too.
    I look into Japanese proverbs, I can know that Japan have a lot of proverbs of time!!

    返信削除
  2. Hi:)

    I also I dont know the meaning of 2d.....
    i couldnt find on the internet and my dictionary...

    返信削除
  3. Hi!
    I think there are lots of TIME superstitions.
    I also know only a few of them.

    返信削除
  4. To clover
    Thank you for your comment.
    Japanese keep time, so we have a lot of proverbs of time.

    返信削除
  5. To charlie
    Thank you for your comment.
    I couldn't fint the answer "d" on the internet too.
    It is very difficulu question...

    返信削除
  6. To SWEET CANDY
    Thank you for your comment.
    Japanese mind "time" always...
    I like "Time Is MOney"!!

    返信削除
  7. Hi,
    I think your opinion is very interesting.
    Nice Timing is a good meaning.

    返信削除